Thursday, May 26, 2011

No More No Less

Yes I watched Oprah's last show. Can you believe that she has had her show for all but 2 years of my life? I "grew up" with Oprah. She was the background noise to thousands of evenings in the household I grew up in. I took one thing away from yesterdays show that sums up how I've been feeling lately about life. She said in my best paraphrase that, "everyone should find something they are passionate about and go after it with all that they are." I have two things in my life that make me soar inside.

1. My relationship with Christ and all aspects Him- I love worshipping Him, I love praying to Him, I love believing Him, I love throwing all that I am going through at Him, I love that He holds my future and that all hope comes from Him. I love that He accepts me as me and has called me to a life that shouts His glory. I love hearing the stories of how He has changed lived lives. Those stories never get old. I LOVE Women of Faith conferences and watching ladies come together to praise His name!

2. Running- don't laugh! I feel so alive and closest to the Lord when I am running. I love pushing myself and encouraging others to do the same.

It's my prayer that I follow all the plans that the Lord has for me and do not wait for perfect timing and for all things to align in just the right fashion before I move forward on things. I don't want to hinder anyone else on their walk and step in the way of the things that others are passionate about and called to do. Do you know that lazy couch feeling we all get where it hits us that, "we should be doing x,y,z instead of just sitting here?" I have never gotten that feeling while passionately pursuing my relationship with Christ or while on a run.

I want You Lord! No More No Less

(MERCY ME)

I'm not trying to hide anything
I wear it on my sleeve
I wear it on my sleeve
I'm not trying to be something I'm not
This is all I've got
This is all I've got
I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel
Just trying to be real
Trying to be real
I'm not trying to say follow me
I'm not the one who leads

I'm not the one who leads

Let me introduce myself to you
This is who I am
No more, no less
I am just a man who understands
Because of You I'm blessed
No more, no less

I'm not trying to prove anything
It's all about the change
It's all about the change

I hope you stare just long enough to see
The heart that's beating here inside of me
Beyond all the things you may think you know
I'm just a kid trying to make it home, that's it
No more, no less
Lord, I want to go home
Nothing more, nothing les

No comments:

Post a Comment