My friend Jenny Helm and I play scrabble via Facebook. Call us nerds if you will but I believe that this past time has made me a better person. If I recall correctly my friend Jenny and me (yes, also Jenny) have played about 12 online Scrabble via Facebook games and I have won only one! It's okay though. I will persevere. See previous blog! Two days ago we started yet another game of scrabble and her first word was GLITTERS. It was worth 64 points. Now I am losing 168-62 but again. I will not give up!
I am reading a new book called, "48 Days to the Work you Love" by Dan Miller (and a foreword by my fav Dave Ramsey)
pg 48 of this FABULOUS book states, "considerable evidence indicates that expectations of your future do, in fact, tend to create your future. Dr. Paul Yonggi Cho, head of the world's largest church, says: 'What you have in your heart becomes your experience.' People often end up where they expect to end up.
It seems reasonable to spend some time determining specific, worthwhile expectations that will make your life more meaningful. Keep in mind that only about 8 percent of the general population can identify clear goals and only about 3 percent ever actually write those down. These are specific goals, not just the 'I want a bigger house' variety. With this process, you can quickly put yourself into the 3 percent category, noting that those 3 percent ultimately accomplish more than the remaining 97 percent."
Tonight I will let you in on the goals I have for my life for the upcoming week. Writing them down gives me an advantage. Write your goals down too! I want all of you in the 3 percent with me! In NO particular order.
- run 3 more times this week and do one day of cross training with the 2nd dvd in Slim in 6.
- go to youth group at MBC
- pray through my work and give Him all the glory (pray for others too)
- continue in the study of Psalms (one a day)
- send out 3 encouraging cards to friends or family
- Sign up 4 more reps by Thursday
- Sign up 4 more reps by Tuesday (the last day of the month)
- Complete laundry before the weekend
- Become Executive Managers by Oct 3 (when Paul Orberson will be here in Austin)
- Love and Encourage my husband Kyle every single day!!!!!
Thank you for the energy and life that you breathe into me. Thank You that You are my strong tower and I will not be shaken. Thank You that you are creating a steadfast heart in me and that you are teaching me what it means to trust You. Lord, You have PERFECT provision on my life and know every need before we know we need it and I give You the glory for that. Hallelujah for all YOU'VE done! I praise You Lord and make my requests known to You so that I will not be anxious. I give You our finances. I give You our debt. I give You my emotions- I am so thankful that you "get me". I give You our business and know that every good and perfect gift comes from above. I am so very thankful that I have this time in my life to get to know my husband and work closely with him. Thank you for the support of our friends and family and for how they push us on. You are almighty. My savior. There is none like you!