Have you heard of Project 333? This girl started a blog about living with only 33 items of clothing for three months.
There are several reasons that taking on this project appeals to me:
- I spend WAY too much of my day trying to figure out what I should wear and change multiple times before leaving the house.
- Once I leave the house in said clothing I am usually wondering if I have chosen wisely
- I always have this need for more but not in a good way. I find myself thinking, "if I only had that then I could feel this" or "I wonder if that would look as good on me as it does on her" and I'm just quite sick of it.
- I crave simplicity and am spending this season asking God to purify my heart and make me more like Him. I gotta lotta junk that needs to be out of me (and my house).
- I've used stuff for fulfillment and it ain't cuttin' it.
...just to name a few
So here are my rules:1.) From May 16-August 16th, I will only wear 33 items of clothing, shoes and accessories
2.) Pajamas, underwear, and workout clothes don't count
4.) At the end of each month (June 16th and July 16) I can swap 3 of the items for 3 different items from my closet
Ok, it's blog official. I guess I really have to do this now!