Miss K had her 2 month check up today :( This is what she thought of her shots
Monday, March 28, 2011
We can't believe that Kennedy is 2 months old already (on the 26th). She is growing so fast and we are loving all the new sounds and smiles that we have been getting,KK got to meet Clemma (MiMi) who is her great grandmother. Clemma Childress lives in Denton and I am so glad that we were able to get some pictures of them. I love that they are looking at each other.
Kennedy also got to meet Paul Orberson. Paul Orberson is the founder and CEO of our company.
Gram-ma came to visit us on her spring break. They had a blast. I think she has the Esmond eyes.
She will probably be mad at me for posting pictures of her that look like this.
Anyone who comes to visit us knows that Belle is a bit of a wild high strung dog (she is in need of some more training classes BAD). The amazing thing is how much she behaves around KK. Belle calms down and it seems to really upset her when KK cries for any amount of time.
Kennedy hasn't slept through the night yet but she only wakes us up once at around 5AM. Not bad at all. We are enjoying every second with our little girl!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
- Kennedy smiled at me this morning when I came to get her out of her crib. I'm talking all out smiled! I can't get enough of this girl!
- The book Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer is AMAZING!! Getting your mind right can help battle those demons that bring you down. My mind is my worst enemy and I'm learning how to drive that out!
- Running with RunKeeper app for iphone is so much fun! I love that it tracks how far ive gone.
- Having a running partner (even though we do our training runs on our own) makes all the difference in the world! Ashley S logs her runs on RunKeeper too so it makes it simple to keep each other accountable.
- Taxes are due April 15th?? How does this day sneak up on me each year?
AND THE BIG ONE...
- We are truly considering selling everything we have, renting an RV, and hitting the road to build our business. In the last week we have been in the Fredericksburg area of Texas for 5 days and have driven 1,341 miles. Wouldn't it make sense just to drive there once, stay a few days, and drive back? All the while building our business, touring Texas, & meeting cool people at camp grounds? It's okay. I understand if you think this is crazy. My mom said it best, "nothing surprises me about yall any more" :) thanks mom! I love the idea of simplfying and hitting the road before Kennedy hits school age. hmmm be praying about this for us
Monday, March 21, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Man oh man it's hard to have a hobby and a baby.
I'll take it though! I'm convinced that it will get easier to get a blog post in and a run in as I get better at managing my time as a momma! With that being said I have had to continue for one more week with week one of the beginning running training plan. I got all but one of last weeks training runs in and so far this week I've done much better. It won't hurt my body to redo week one as my knees and hips were a bit sore. I don't need to overdo it this early in the training plan. I am excited because Ashley S is going to run with me and I have never had a running partner.
Blogging is really hard to fit in. Before Kennedy's arrival I had visions of blogging about her changes from week to week, posting daily activities as a momma, and sharing more of my heart as God is working in me during this time. How does one have time to be a "Mommy Blogger?" Maybe I will figure it out soon.
We are striving to live our life with the following priorities in order:
1. God first!
3. Our work
In the past we have found that if we do not keep God first everything else feels crazy and nothing works out. Kyle and I argue more, our finances get off track, we are emotionally unbalanced, our relationships falter, and our business halts. We each have a personal daily plan to keep us on track with our relationship with God. I am reading Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer along with The Bible and they are helping me to keep my mind in check. We are also praying about how we can serve.
Kyle and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary on March 9th! We are so thankful for each other and LOVE that God knew we were a perfect fit. We celebrated by going to 3 of our favorite Austin places while Kennedy stayed with her YaYa and Papa John (Kyle's parents). We shared a chicken enchilada at Hula Hut, got coffee at Mozarts, and each had a pancake at Magnolia Cafe. I LOVE HIM!!
Kennedy is 7 weeks old today! WOW! I can't believe my little angel girl is almost 2 months old. Time flies when you are having fun and that statement is loud in clear in my life these days. Every day I find myself more and more in love with her. Nursing has become easier but I supplement during the day because of work. In the last few days Kennedy has been smiling more and has even laughed a few times. Many have asked what we are calling our little girl. We find that we call her Kennedy when talking about her,"Where is Kennedy's diaper bag?" and KK when talking to her. It works for us. She is loving her swaddle blankets and they relax her easily and she sleeps so sound when tucked snuggly inside. Every day is an adventure and we are loving it.
Obviously my family is my first "job" but we are so very blessed with a wonderful team with FHTM. This month has proved to be an exciting month for many on our team. We have several new regional sales managers which is a promotion in our company where individuals can begin earning unlimited pay.
- Keena Hernandez, Fredericksburg, TX
- Olivia Wehmeyer, Fredericksburg, TX
- Paul & Crystal Hinojosa, New Braunfels, TX
- Sharon McCallister, Seguin, TX
- Fil & Laura Cruz, Fredericksburg, TX
- Steve & Renee Johnson, San Antonio, TX
In other news:
- I've lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks thanks to running and The Belly Fat Cure. If you have been struggling to lose weight and are looking for a life style change and not "another diet" this book has changed my eating patterns forever. Check it out!
- I am getting my hair done on Friday and will be a BLONDIE again! So excited
I can't say when I will write again but I am thankful that you read!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
In the spring of 2008 I began training for my first full marathon. I completed that marathon in February 2009. The above picture is of my sprinting to the finish line and I can't wait to do that again.
You can follow my training plan at the bottom left hand corner of my blog. I have been cleared to begin running so I am starting back at the beginning and working my way up to my 2nd marathon which will be February 2012. I will run 4 times this week & you are more than welcome to join me!
This weeks workout:
Warm up: 5 minute walk
run 1 minute walk 1 minute (repeat 7 times)
Cool down: 5 minute walk
It sounds really slow but I can assure you from a successful training 2 years ago that if you follow this slow beginning starting plan your foundation for training for a marathon (26.2 miles) injury free will be set! If you've ever wanted to run one I can help take you from your couch to a full marathon over the next year if you stay focused, keep your eye on the goal, and run with me! Let's do this!
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
My dear friend Jill just became a thirty-one consultant and I am hosting a party at my house on March 26th. I wanted to open this party up to you in blog world because thirty-one offers a selection of really cute bags and accessories. Take a look and buy buy buy :)