Sunday, January 4, 2009

6 More Weeks

I only have 6 more weeks of marathon training left. I really can't believe it! I could not have done it without the help the book to the left. I have said several times that I was "joining" a running club but I have never heard back from anyone on how to follow through with that process. So, I am giving the credit to Bob Glover for coaching me to this point. I bought the book for my jogging class in the fall of 2002 when I was at Stephen F. Austin (the one semester I was there. I'm pretty sure that that course is the only reason that I went to SFA). I don't remember my professors name but the lady was precious and about 65 years old. She wore pink slouch socks, pink sweat bands on her wrists, and some pretty hot looking calves. Not only did she teach the course but she ran with us on our daily runs and then kept running long after we were safe in our dorm rooms. That woman inspired me to keep running and pushed me to run a marathon and doesn't even know it. I am thankful to all of my friends and family for your support and am asking that each of you pray for my body (no injuries please) my mind (running 20 miles on January 11th is scaring me) and my energy! I will keep all of you updated!

THANKS!

1 comment: