Monday, January 10, 2011

37 & 6

THIS IS MY 400TH BLOG POST! WOW!!!

It's so weird to type that title! I can't believe I am writing my 38th week post! I can't explain to you how ready I am for Miss K to be here. Last night I had the first great night of sleep that I have had in days. I did wake up at around 5 AM due to some anxiety about her delivery. (I might have shed some tears). It's scary to venture into this delivery unknown. I feel like I did the night before I ran the marathon back in February of 2009 but for that event I knew the date. Since I am such a planner I wish I knew the exact date that contractions and labor would start but I don't.


My husband and I have been taking daily 1-2 mile walks and they really help to rejuvenate me. I took this picture last night after a very cold walk. Please ignore the pile of laundry I STILL need to put away. Hey..most of it is folded!

How your baby's growing:

Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)


Please pray for us as her birthday approaches. We can't wait to meet her.


1 comment:

  1. you are almost done!! i know the last few weeks are SO SO SO hard. peace to you and i hope you get in a few more good nights of sleep before she arrives!

    ReplyDelete