Sunday, August 29, 2010

19 Weeks

On Tuesday I begin my 20th week of pregnancy! WOW! I am feeling great and still feel like I have more energy than I have had in a long time. It's getting harder and harder to find things to wear and I am excited about all of the new clothes I will begin to wear soon.

Week 19 of Pregnancy

Your baby's skin now has a protective coating, while you might be hoping for something to protect you from painful leg cramps.

Your Baby in Week 19 of Pregnancy
Have you ever seen a mango dipped in cheese? Well, that's what your baby looks like this week due to a little growth spurt (she's about a half pound in weight and six inches long) and a substance called vernix caseosa. This greasy white stuff covers your baby's skin, protecting it from the surrounding amniotic fluid. (Without it, she'd look totally wrinkled as she entered the world.) The vernix sheds as delivery approaches, though some babies still sport a bit of the coating at birth. *whattoexpect.com

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom —
about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. *babycenter.com

Kyle's mom went with a friend to a craft fair in New Braunfels this past weekend and brought back the above goodies for Kennedy Kate! I LOVE that headband and can't wait for her to wear her western onesie.
Here are all of the goodies that have been given to Miss K to date. Thank you to Whitney Hanna, Crystal Gelber, Diana Waggoner, Ashley Snell, and YaYa. What a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. I loved when I hit 20 weeks. I finally looked pregnant and not just fat, I felt good, and I could still get around and do anything I wanted w/out a big belly in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, and you are only almost 5 months preggo! You might not need a baby shower, at the rate you are going. LOL. Congrats!!!!!! That is all very cute stuff for KK!!!

    ReplyDelete