Monday, October 20, 2008

Austin Distance Challenge

My original goal was to run a marathon this year. Then I decided that just maybe I should run a half marathon first. Then I ran into a man who told me about the Austin Distance Challenge and how if I chose to commit to it I would run a total of 6 races over 5 months finishing with the Motorola Marathon in February. 

I completed the first race yesterday finishing 516 out of 595 for the Distance challenge part. I must say that I am a little dissapointed by how far back I was in the rankings BUT am very satisfied that I finished 6.2 miles in just over an hour (1:05:09.0).

Out of all 723 women that participated in yesterdays race I got 544th
Out of all 1589 people who ran the race yesterday I placed 1341st. I beat 248 people! WHOO HOO!

The fastest person finished in 33.20 (WOW)

Needless to say people take this stuff seriously! I am blessed to be a part of it! 
You can follow my results on Go Jenny Go

Races to Come

  • IBM Uptown Classic 10K – Oct. 19, 2008 (COMPLETED)
  • Run for the Water 10 Miler – Nov. 9, 2008
  • Decker Challenge Half Marathon – Dec. 7, 2008
  • RunTex On the Square 20 Miler – Jan. 11, 2009
  • 3M Half Marathon – Jan. 25, 2009
  • AT&T Austin Marathon – Feb. 15, 2009




  • 1 comment:

    1. Hey you! Just wanted to say I'm proud of you. Guess what! I ran 15 minutest straight yesterday.. then walked/jogged off and on. I've never been much of a distance runner, so 15 minutes felt great! :)

      ReplyDelete