Saturday, November 12, 2011

Any Time

Ever have one of those days where you say out loud, "any time you want to come back Jesus you can just come on back"? It's not that today was particularly bad or that things have been going wrong, it's that my heart has been heavy with Ecclesiastes lately. It's not about me pondering my purpose or about fear. It's just that since last Sunday when pastor Ryan preached a sermon on the Mount of Olives (no not a sermon about the Mount of Olives but he was physically preaching to us here in Austin via prerecorded footage from the top of the Mount of Olives) and I SAW with my own EYES where Jesus, my Savior walked and where He will return i've been longing y'all. I want much more intimacy with Jesus than I have had in the past. When I have a yearning for Jesus like this it makes me know and understand why everything else is meaningless. A chasing after the wind. I understand a little bit more about why finishing is better than starting. Been singing these lyrics all week long:
"I'm running through the gates of love as fast as I can" -Phil Wickham
"get over get over get over the sun"
-Shane and Shane

Ever had a stirring in your spirit like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment