Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Game Of Hope


At church this morning we were shown the above video and challenged to bless this summer. Pastor Ryan told us a story about a recent prayer meeting with major church leaders (men) in the Austin area. He said that one of the men spoke up and said that in all his years of ministry he hadn't had a mentor. He hadn't had anyone to come along side him and encourage him; it had always just been a competition. This message of considering others more than myself was heart wrenching and I feel changed today. **My favorite part about coaching high school track in the spring of 2008 was that I got to teach something I was passionate about and then cheer the kids on as they sprinted towards their finish lines.

As you know from a previous post It has been on my heart to cheer each of you on. To pray for you in your need but much more than that come along side you and cheer you on.

What are we waiting for?

If we are the body?

Numbers 6:24-26
24The LORD bless you and keep you; 25the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; 26the LORD lift up his countenance[a] upon you and give you peace.

Ephesians 5:1-2
1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. 2And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, afragrant offering and sacrifice to God.


2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome attitude! It is a very important message. Competition has it's place to urge us to be better and challenge ourselves and each other, but having someone encourage you is invaluable. I love the idea of having an online prayer/encouragement circle. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like crying at 7:30 in the morning. That was a beautiful story. It's amazing to see that play out. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete