Monday, November 8, 2010

New Day!

Happy MONDAY! I know this sounds crazy to most but I absolutely LOVE Mondays! It's the beginning of a fresh start and I find myself renewed and motivated on Mondays. I am going to go ahead and write the 29 weeks baby post because tomorrow I have a lot on my plate.

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 29 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby K is the size of a butternut squash
Total Weight Gain/Loss: my count is 33 pounds
Maternity Clothes: wearing my maternity jeans daily much more comfortable now that Kennedy is getting bigger
Gender: It's a girl!!! Kennedy Kate
Movement: Kicks and Rolls! Kyle was amazed to see my belly movement last night
Sleep: I've been sleeping great so far
What I miss: It seems that I have become a neat freak and begin crying when things in my house look messy. I miss not caring about every detail :)
Cravings: Milk, Eggs, Carbs
Symptoms: Pretty sure I felt a contraction yesterday morning while making coffee in our kitchen. It caught me off guard but was a pretty neat experience
Best Moment this week: all those rolls in my belly. Its really exciting!

1 comment: