Monday, November 15, 2010

30 Weeks

This is a picture from my 30th week of pregnancy! I'm getting bigger and can't believe that her birthday is less than 10 weeks away!!

We had our first baby shower for Kennedy Kate at my dad's house on Saturday. It was a couples shower so all of our friends and families were there. It was Kyle's first baby shower and he loved it. This is the beautiful cake we had.
Some gifts from my dad.
Food Table. We also had wonderful chicken soup and cornbread. YUM!
My step mom made this diaper cake. It was held together with car seat toys, baby lotions, baby wash, hair bows, and pacifiers.
The BEST gift of the whole day was having my nephew Landon at the baby shower. After the shower he asked me to come and watch Charlie Brown's Christmas (his favorite movie to watch ALL year). He kept leaning over and kissing my belly and saying, "awww baby is cute. baby is sleeping". He is excited about being a cousin soon.

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 30 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby K is the size of a head of squash
Total Weight Gain/Loss: my count is 33 pounds
Maternity Clothes: wearing my maternity jeans daily much more comfortable now that Kennedy is getting bigger
Gender: It's a girl!!! Kennedy Kate
Movement: Kicks and Rolls! Kyle is amazed to see my belly movement
Sleep: I've been sleeping great so far
What I miss: being able to get off the couch, out of the car, out of the bathtub, by myself
Cravings: Milk, Eggs, Carbs
Symptoms: bigger by the day, excitement :)

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

No comments:

Post a Comment