Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Miss My Friend

Lindsay Best was my very best friend while I was at Texas State. My "Soul Mate Friend" We ran into each other several times the first day we met. I first saw her outside of the library on my way to go for a run, then I saw her at that same track where I was running, then later the same day I saw her at Wal-Mart. This time we stopped to talk. The next winter I went Skiing with Lindsay and some friends in Colorado,we became running buddies, and prayed through my parents divorce, the next summer we became roommates, the next 2 years we were inseparable. We okayed each others respective boyfriend prospects, watched movies late into the night, and went to Midnight Rodeo in Austin EVERY single Thursday to dance. We spent 3 weeks in the summer of 2005 basking in the Costa Rican sun learning of a foreign language, salsa dancing, and their famous rum ;) Lindsay stayed the remainder of that summer and fell in love with Costa Rica. She returned in time for the fall semester but my dear friend was changed. Something brave and strong had risen up in her that summer. I couldn't relate. I remember her crying in her room at our apartment longing for those beautiful beaches. Spring semester passed quickly and I graduated from Texas State. Lindsay left a few days after my graduation for Costa Rica, didn't get to approve Kyle for me ;) and returned briefly in the winter of 2006 where we got to have a brief dinner at Chili's (I was already engaged to be married). She returned back to Costa Rica and I haven't seen her since. She is alive and thriving in the Costa Rican sun I am sure but I can't help but long for my Soul Mate Friend on hot sunny summer days. I love you Lindsay Best and like always I am praying for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment