Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happenings


  • As you can tell I am trying to keep y'all up to date. I am so excited to be helping out with Kingdom Kids Weekday at our church this year! Not only will Kennedy get to go to the program at Bannockburn on Mondays and Wednesdays but I will be helping out in the 4 year old classroom! I am so excited that our home based business allows me time to serve the Lord and love on precious kids at our church and in our community. 
  • At the end of this month we will be having our yearly convention with FHTM. We are excited that the event is in Dallas this year and we have over 75 people from our team that have committed to being there with us. This event brings independent representatives from all over the world together for training, motivation, tips, recognition, and celebration. You can read about other convention posts here and here and here
  • On Saturday, September 15th at 7PM at Bannockburn we are having a women's event which will have a wonderful speaker and music. If you would like to attend please let me know as soon as you can and I will get you a ticket. For more info you can click HERE
  • I have started running again but simply just for pleasure. I can't tell you that I am ready to commit to another marathon but I am enjoying running 20 minutes a day (most days). It's nice to not have the pressure of training for something looming over me. 
  • My sister started a Kindergarten teaching position in Odessa and gets to meet her kids on Monday and also Landon starts Kindergarten at the same school. We are looking forward to visiting them soon and seeing the great dusty sights of Odessa, TX.
  • As some of you know my paternal grandmother mamie (real name Verlia) who lives in Roscoe, TX was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer about a month ago. The doctor gave her 6 months to live if she doesn't get treatment and a year at most if she does. They will be seeing more doctors in the near future to confirm or deny these findings but I ask that you please pray for Verlia and her husband of 60+ years (I am sorry I do not know the exact amount of years) Charles Ratliff. They are so so so in love and I just love having that wonderful example in my life. 
Other than that we are just training, coaching, speaking, and parenting. We love how much Kennedy is growing into her own little person and can't believe that this time next week will be the eve of her 19 month birthday! I guess I should start planning her 2nd birthday. Lots of exciting times ahead for the fall and we cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment