Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thou Shalt..

Week two of the Ten Commandments of Family at MBC left me feeling like

Here is the second commandment:
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Or in Simpler terms: NO Other Idols

Before I complete this post I must tell you what I read THIS morning in my time with the Lord and how grateful I am that He is ALWAYS right on time: 1 Samuel 10:6 "The Spirit of the Lord will come upon you in power, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person." You will need to read this in context to fully understand and I am not one to pick out a scripture and say that "the Lord spoke to me" BUT what a wonderful reminder that when we give our lives over to the Lord we are changed ! Forgiven! Free!! NEW!!

Can I get an AMEN!!?!

Anyway :) I have been searching my soul and here are the things that I put before God and I am confessing them to You in hopes that He gets all the glory for changing me! I am a work in progress and don't need your approval. I just might could use some grace.

1) Approval (ha..see last sentence) I make myself SICK over what others will think when I make a decision. I really do put people in a place to tell me what I should do when the only one I am to be controlled by is Jesus. His word.
2) Success/Winning. I don't think that success is a bad thing. In fact overcoming and achieving are things that can be found over and over again in scripture but I would say that 80% of my day is planning, striving, and chasing after success. Success in relationships. Success with money. Success with a healthy workout/nutrition plan. Success in work. I must give up control.
3) Facebook, Iphone, Internet: All of these things have been chosen over spending time with the Lord at one time or another.

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10


2 comments:

  1. Amen! I am so guilty over #3!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Did you see mine about the same thing? You are growing so much and I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete