Friday, September 19, 2008

Yellow

I was inspired by many things this week. Here is my attempt to share them with you.

1. In the magazine Your Business at Home featuring Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing (the company Kyle and I work with) there was an article by my favorite author, Joyce Meyer. Here is what she had to say about perseverance: "A person who refuses to give up WILL be successful...I believe determination and a refusal to give up are the key ingredients to success in any area of life. Anyone now enjoying fulfillment and contentment has already made the decision, possibly thousands of times, not to give up." In my mind I had already decided to stick with our business endeavor no matter what trials come but reading this expert from her book, I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion has encouraged me to keep pressing on! 

2. As many of you know I am an avid reader of Runner's World magazine and am inspired by fellow runners monthly. In this months edition on pages 88 and 89 is an article titled Get Motivated. In it author Yishane Lee gives runners 10 reasons why they should keep running! Since scripture tells us to, "run with perseverance the race marked out for us" (Hebrews 12:1), I am constantly encouraged by advice within the magazine paralleled by what we should do in our lives as we strive to be more like Him. Here are the suggestions of why we should keep running given my Lee: 
  • Slim down- running 30 minutes equals burning 300 calories
  • Calm down- running relieves stress
  • Find energy- no matter how tired you are before a run you'll feel better afterward
  • Be well- running keeps your heart strong
  • Help out- running for charity makes running worth while
  • Be alone- running can be a refuge for those with lots of daily "people" demands
  • Socialize- there are over 2,000 running groups in the US. Join one. Make friends
  • Run a race- give yourself a challenge
  • Get out- running in 'adverse' rainy conditions reminds us that this is our chance to play and goof off like we used to in our non adult life
  • Run fast- set goals, achieve them and you will know the benefits of patience, perseverance, and work ethic. 
3. While running this afternoon an old song came on my Ipod and it was as if I was hearing the lyrics for the first time. As I began my last few minutes of my run Coldplay's Yellow began playing. Read the lyrics below and I will conclude this blog for the night. 

Look at the stars
look how they shine for you
and everything you do
yeah they were all yellow
I came along

I wrote a song for you
and all the things you do 
and it was called yellow

So then I took my turn
oh all the things I've done
and it was all yellow

Your skin 
oh yeah your skin and bones
turn into something beautiful 
Do you know you know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
oh all the things you do
cause you were all yellow

I drew a line
I drew a line for you
oh what a thing to do
and it was all yellow

Your skin
oh yeah your skin and bones
turn into something beautiful
do you know for you I bleed myself dry
for you I bleed myself dry

Its true look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look at the stars
look how they shine for you


Everyone should know by now how much music speaks to me. I felt like the Lord was singing to me and reminding me just how much he loves me. I cannot fathom the love that he spilled for us on that day. Nor can I agree with those who say that this song was written about drugs, a girlfriend, or anything else. To me, Yellow represents joy. Read the lyrics above again replacing yellow with joy. Joy, bright, sunny, yellow. 
Lets finish with Hebrews 12: 1 and 2 
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Theme of the week. Persevere. Love God and do not give up. Amen! Praise You Jesus! You are mighty to save!

1 comment:

  1. your inspiration inspires me!! :) love you, thanks for your prayers this week..

    ReplyDelete