Tuesday, December 7, 2010

33 Weeks

I can't believe that we are 33 weeks along.

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 33 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby K is the size of a pineapple
Total Weight Gain/Loss: my count is 37 pounds
Maternity Clothes: wearing my maternity jeans daily much more comfortable now that Kennedy is getting bigger
Gender: It's a girl!!! Kennedy Kate
Movement: Kicks and Rolls!
Sleep: I've been sleeping great so far
What I miss: being able to get off the couch, out of the car, out of the bathtub, by myself
Cravings: Milk, Apples, and CARBS
Symptoms: bigger by the day, excitement, and anxiety. I've always been someone who prays regularly but this little girl is making a prayer warrior out of me! Please pray for my emotions and against anxiety.

How your baby's growing:

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

On Saturday I had a wonderful baby shower thrown by several wonderful ladies from Hays Hills and Bannockburn Baptist Church. We are so blessed! This weekend Some dear friends of mine are throwing us a shower. Thank you Jenny H, Stephanie H, Nocona K, Ashley S, and Jill W! I CAN'T WAIT!

I just checked the 100 top baby names for 2010 and Kennedy is number 74 (and here I thought we were being creative) The list below shows number 71-80 of baby names for 2010 but you can click HERE for the whole list.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite baby name has jumped up on the charts too...I was kind of bummed about that because I love original names.

    ReplyDelete