Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our God is a God Who Provides

On Thanksgiving day I was completely and utterly swept off my feet by the Lord's provision for His people. Allow me to explain: It was about noon and Kyle and I were all set to have a wonderful meal with our wonderful family (about 20 total) when I received a text from my friend Nocona that said, "My grandpa gave me a 2001 Explorer and paid for the insurance for a year!" My heart leapt up in my throat for that dear family!!!!! They have been following so closely and fervently to God and His call on their lives to start a church in New Braunfels TX and have been operating their household of 5 on one reliable car. The night before Nocona asked me for prayer while feeling kind of weary! 
The whole time we were talking and I was praying the Lord had a solution and wonderful gift ready for that dear family. I am reminded of a story that Beth Moore tells in her Believing God Bible study:
One day Beth was walking her dogs when she saw a few ducks on the sidewalk just walking around and bathing in a puddle. Just over the bump on the side of the sidewalk was a HUGE pond and she was telling those ducks to get in that pond! She reminds us that sometimes we splash in the puddle of life when the pond is within reach! Can you imagine the Lord's frustration when He reminds us that, "those who wait on the Lord will find new strength! They will walk and not grow weary. They will run and faint" 
Praise Him that He knows what we need before we know we need it and HE provides a way!

1 comment:

  1. :) I was there when she got that car! And let me tell you -- all the car seats even fit! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete