Thursday, August 28, 2008

Confessions of a Work From Home Woman

Today 
Was quite boring.
I'm totally fine with it because I got to go for a run, watch Grey's Anatomy, Believe God, and
sell stuff on ebay. I am amazed at how well a "positive feedback" can make a woman feel after making a startling $100.19 on a sterling silver James Avery SWT charm. Who would have thought? 

I ran for 20 minutes without stopping which some may think is hardly anything at all. The most amazing thing is that I ran that 20 minutes without any knee pain at all. I feel the need to train for something. I feel the need to push myself and finish the race. I would like to think the Olympians for that ;) <--thats a wink for you Jenny Helm! 

I have a FABULOUS idea for how to pay off all of these students loans but some may think it absurd. I think I will call my relatives and tell them that I am trying to pay off debt and need them to pledge any amount they want per mile I run (during February's Marathon). What do you think? Do you think people would offer even a penny? I have visions of wearing a running shirt that says, "RUNNING OFF DEBT" 

Maybe I am just wishful thinking but a "Work from Home Woman" has plenty of time to wishfully think. I am considering other options to pay off debt as well. I thought of cleaning houses, collecting cans, and continuing to sell stuff on ebay. (that paragraph is for those that think I should get a job instead of asking for pledges!) I am perfectly willing to do both. 

The most exciting thing about working from  home is the ability to make my own schedule. I am now available for girls ministry way more than ever before. As I watched Beth Moore live in San Antonio last week, I was smacked in the face with the passion that the Lord has given me for girls ministry. It is imperative that all girls know their worth. 

Dear heiress of Christ, 
You are fearfully and wonderfully made! Your life is not left to chance. You are inheriting a kingdom. He is your portion and YOU are HIS!!!. The down-payment has been made. Your boundary lines form a pleasing place. The will has been activated. You can be secure. You have a Beautiful inheritance! (those were all points that Beth Moore made and I typed them as much to you as to me as well) 

My prayer for those of you who are reading this lies in Psalm 16:
"Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge. 
I said to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.' 
As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight. 
The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods. I will not pour out their libations of blood or take up their names on my lips. 
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. 
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. 
I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You  have made known to me the path of life; you will find me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
 





1 comment:

  1. Girl, that Beth Moore can BRING it, can't she?! I was so blessed by last weekend! I love you and salute all of your efforts to get out of debt! :)

    ReplyDelete